Do you spend time with your family? If you’re like many parents, you are around your children a lot but may not truly spend time with them. They may be near you as you do chores or with you on your daily commute. Children long for quality time, even if that means that they spend 15 minutes with you daily. Below are some family activities that may enrich your time together:
- Watch a family movie, pop some popcorn, and enjoy Family Movie Night.
- Take a family bicycle/scooter ride aroundyour neighborhood.
- Take a trip to a dollar store. Give each family member $2 to purchase a gift for another family member.
- Play a board game/card game as a family.
- Play Hide-n-Seek as a family.
- Have each family member list his/her favorite appetizer, main course, side dish, and dessert. Choose one food from each family member’s list. Prepare the special family meal together.
- Look at family scrapbooks together.
- Play at the park together.
- Complete a service project together (take items to a food bank, visit a lonely neighbor, take cookies to the school office staff, provide a meal for a needy family, etc.).
- Watch videos of when your children were younger.
- Read a Bible story together.
The dishes can wait, the phone calls can wait, social media can wait. Your children are more valuable than these. Show them their value. Spend some uninterrupted time with your children. Form memories to last a lifetime.